KIWASCO was established through the reforms that took place in the water sector nationally and based on the decision to privatise essential services.
The Company was established in July 2003 as an independent company after the transformation of the water and sewerage department of the Kisumu Municipal Council.
The core objective of KIWASCO is to make the water and sewerage services provision a commercial activity that generates sufficient revenue to sustain its operations.
"To be the most admired service provider"
"To provide quality water and sewerage services for improved livelihoods"
- Integrity: Embracing honesty and truthfulness in discharging our responsibilities.
- Professionalism: The level of excellence or competence that is expected of all
professionals at KIWASCO.
- Creativity & Innovation: The ability to continuously look for opportunities to
improve on the way things are done and providing solutions.
- Customer Focus: Being sensitive to the needs of customers, other stakeholders,
and the environment.
- Teamwork: Supporting each other and harnessing different skills to create a superior
The KIWASCO slogan is: “Refresh Life”
The slogan ties in well with the company’s mission statement, or reason for existence. By living
this slogan and making it a clarion call within the company, employees will be motivated to
concentrate their energies in the same direction and ensure that provision of water – which
refreshes life – becomes the focal point of all their actions.
Customer Service Charter
Kisumu Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (KIWASCO) was established through Water Sector Reforms as enshrined in the Water Act 2002. The Company was established in July 2003 as an independent company after the transformation of the water and sewerage department of the former Municipal Council of Kisumu. The core objective of KIWASCO is to make the water and sewerage services provision a commercial activity that generates sufficient revenue to sustain its operations throughout KISUMU County.
Read Online »