This could be because the account is still register under the landlord’s or former tenants phone details.
To receive bills direct to your phone; a customer needs to register the account under their name.
One can conveniently get their bills through:
- Toll-free code 40222 by simply sending a message starting with the word ‘Bill/Balance/ Bal ‘followed by account number then send it to 40222.
- USSD code *483*86#
There are various reasons that may result to high bills;
- Leakage after the meter or within the household
- Inaccessibility due to gate and chamber locks
- Increased consumption within the households
- Tank overflows
- Faulty meter subject to meter test.
- Operating an Account in another person’s name be it landlord/ previous tenant and hence cannot be reached for direction or refuses to give direction
- Wrong account numbers entered during payment
- Wrong pay bill number used
- Uncleared bills in the account hence no automatic notification to reconnect
- Disconnected by inspection calls for clearance of the surcharge as well as the bill
One is required to fill the form attached and bring the relevant documents, they then pay deposit and connection fee where applicable.Download Form
This question comes majorly from non-account holders who don’t receive bills/ notifications from us,
- Bills are sent out on 1st of the month
- reminders follow 8th or 9th just before we start disconnections
- Constant reminders through social media pages
NOTE: always use your account number/ invoice number as reference for all your payments. Our agents are not authorized to pick cash from any customer.
Co-Op bank account
Mpesa Pay-bill Number
|KCB Bank Agent or KCB Bank App|
Use our toll-free SMS number 40222, Hotlines 057 500 700, USSD code *483*86# or email us on email@example.com